The church was established at the beginnings of the 16th century and was then expanded and changed in the middle of the 17th century thanks to the Tassos.
Starting from 2007 the church was the subject of a series of important conservative restoration works, which secured the church and brought to light a vast cycle of frescoes from different ages.
The most important one is situated on the presbytery: dated 1504, it represents the crucifixion and the Holy Trinity, but there are also many painting of the Virgin and of the Saints, such as the patron of the church.
The vault is characterised by a huge Blessing Christ with the symbols of the Evangelists.
Outside the church the symbols of the Tasso family can still be seen: the badger, the horn, the eagle and the tower of the German branch von Thurn und Taxis.